Welcome to Gorebridge Primary School Website
Please have a look around for up to date newsletters, letters home to parents, dates for the diary and useful information you may find helpful..
You can read our most recent news or what your child’s class have been up to by checking out our Twitter feed on the left for updates straight to your smartphone, tablet or computer.
Follow us at:
Don’t forget, if you are part of our school family and you have news which you would like to share then you can let us know and we can post it. We love to celebrate achievements both in and out of school so whether you have moved up a spelling wall, won a competition or earned a new medal at your sports club you can tell us and we will tell everyone else!
Unfortunately due to the Corona Virus COVID-19 outbreak the Government have made the decision to close all schools within Scotland as of Friday 20th March. This is something we as a school have never had to deal with and we do not know the full details of this yet so please bear with us. We will continue to update parents and carers as and when we have information on the situation.
Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
Below is some important information regarding the day to day running of the school during the Corona Virus outbreak:
- Gorebridge Primary School is open as usual, and will remain so unless staffing becomes an issue or if there is a change to the Government Guidance.
- You as a parent make the decision about the welfare of your child. If your child has symptoms of a persistent dry cough or temperature they MUST NOT attend school. If you child has these symptoms it is advised that the whole family self isolate for 14 days.
- If you are worried about your child attending school because of underlying health conditions or are just concerned then please seek advice from the NHS Websites.
- You must inform the school office of your child’s absence.
- There will be NO HOT LUNCHES from Wednesday 18th March 2020 for the foreseeable future. There will only be soup and sandwiches available.
- There will be no GPS run after school clubs from Wednesday 18th March 2020.
- There are no Active School Clubs running as of Wednesday 18th March 2020 for the foreseeable future.
We will try our best to keep parents/carers updated with any information we have as and when we receive it.
For up to date information regarding the Corona Virus, please see the tab to the left hand side of the page marked Corona Virus Information. We will try to keep this as up to date as possible as and when we are given new information from Midlothian Council or the Government.
With regards to home learning work packs, these will be available on the school website and emailed home to yourselves as and when they are needed. These will be found under the tab to the left hand side marked classes, then your child’s class.
If you have any questions regarding anything please do not hesitate to contact a member of staff at the school who will try to assist as much as possible.
Please find attached our February 2020 Newsletter.
Newsletter Feb 2020
Please find attached link to the Active Schools Easter Camp information: